Lombok Australia Geomagnetic Excursion
LOK Winter School
Excursion of the Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory Technicians
to observatories, institutions, and university in Australia
This proposal is intended to make fund-raising and participations from stakeholders to support the implementation of LOK Winter School, which purposes are:
- Improving ability and skill of the Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory technicians in doing absolute measurements, to meet international observatory (IAGA) standard.
- Improving technical and financial management of the Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory, to ensure its continuous long term operation.
- Comparing directly between data of Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory an ones of Australian observatories to support regional geomagnetic studies.
- Promotion of the Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory to the international forum especially Australia.
- Establishing cooperation and exchange of experiences, as well as establishing networks for further cooperation with the geomagnetic observatories and their institution, and university in Australia.
- Discussions with IAGA in preparing the Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory for becoming an international standard (IAGA) observatory and a Geomagnetic Study Center in Southeast Asia.
This activity will be held during 7 - 13th August 2016 , with agendas as follows:
- 7th August: Opening ceremony, Departure from Lombok International Airport (LOP) Indonesia. Visiting BMKG Office during transit at Denpasar Airport (DPS)
- 8th August: Arrival on Sydney (SYD) and transfer to Canberra (CBR). Visiting Embassy of Republic Indonesia (KBRI) in Canberra
- 9th August: Visiting Geoscience Australia (GA) and its Education Center. Discussion with IAGA concerning LOK to meet international observatory standards.
- 10th August: Training at Canberra Geomagnetic Observatory (CNB). Discussion with IAGA concerning LOK plan for becoming Geomagnetic Study Center in Southeast Asia.
- 11th August: Travelling from Canberra to Sydney. Visiting School of Geoscience at University of Sydney.
- 12th August: Travelling from Sydney to Lombok, via Denpasar.
- 13th August: Closing ceremony and Press Conference at Mataram University.